Warm regards from ComicRack!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Warm regards from ComicRack!

Post  600WPMPO on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Hello guys! Smile

This is 600WPMPO, the moderator from the ComicRack forum. I just came across this excellent software. If you would wish so, I can arrange for a link somewhere in the ComicRack forum for comictagger. Similarly, I would also love to get a link for the ComicRack at your site.

As for feature requests, I would wish to really get the ability to batch edit multiple archives with ComicTagger. Then only would it be 'really' useful. Surprised
600WPMPO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Warm regards from ComicRack!

Post  ComicTagger on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks, 600WPMPO!

Any exposure in the CR forums would be great. I wasn't sure of the right place to post there, beyond my own feature request for the Android version to read the metadata from CBRs. (Could you ping cYo on that too?? )

Added a CR link on the main page.

Hey, I have a question for you: As a someone who definitely uses ComicRack for Windows, what does (or what can) ComicTagger bring to the table for you? You already have access to the excellent ComicVineScraper, and seem to be primarily a Windows user. I had thought most interest would come from non-Windows/non-ComicRack users. Is it the command-line interface, the image processing, or something else?

ComicTagger
Admin

View user profile http://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  600WPMPO on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:21 pm

I use the iPad & my MacBook at least as often as my Windows 8 PC. Pretty soon, we will have the iOS version of ComicRack, and who knows, in the future cYo may get completely crazy & make an OSX version too.

I would love to see ComicTagger develop into an all-in-one software that can do 3 things:
1. Scrape
2. Organise (this includes file renaming as well as folder restructuring)
3. Trim (search & eliminate duplicates)

While we can do these jobs from within ComicRack too, but this requires 3 different plugins. cYo has explicitly stated that he will never ship-in these excellent scripts 'by default'. It would be great to have one Swiss-army knife for doing these things, that won't require the installation & usage of multiple plugins. Just use ComicTagger on your raw collection & see it shine in ComicRack.
600WPMPO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:23 pm

600WPMPO wrote:I use the iPad & my MacBook at least as often as my Windows 8 PC. Pretty soon, we will have the iOS version of ComicRack, and who knows, in the future cYo may get completely crazy & make an OSX version too.

I am really hoping for this! ComicRack seems to have all the features I want in a library app, and since the CBL developers don't seem to care any more about their desktop app, I really want to find a decent replacement for it. If you guys come out with an OSX version, you've got a guaranteed donation right here.

DP812

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Phunetik on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:25 pm

SO.excited.Really. alien
Phunetik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content