Allow auto-tag to use Publisher to narrow results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Allow auto-tag to use Publisher to narrow results

Post  malikb on Sat May 31, 2014 2:30 am

I've found that when tagging many of my comics (certainly the case with all of the manga that I have), that a well formatted filename and the publisher would remove all tagging ambiguity and ensure proper matches. For instance, I wouldn't have to manually intervene and select bewteen two or three low confidence matches on 100+ volumes of Hajime no Ippo if auto-tag allowed publisher=Kodansha. I know there is the --noabort command, but this sometimes chooses the wrong tag and I have to quick scan the metadata to see if it made any mistakes.

If possible, please allow CT to also narrow results via publisher.

malikb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allow auto-tag to use Publisher to narrow results

Post  ComicTagger on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:41 pm

This is not a bad idea. I'll look into it.

In the meantime, you might be able to use the publisher blacklist feature to help your tagging. Auto-tagging with not use any of the publishers in the blacklist. This might be helpful it you know you will never have comics from a certain publisher. No sure if this will help in your case, but give it a look.
ComicTagger
Admin

View user profile http://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  malikb on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:05 am

That's what I've been doing so I don't have to manually deal with low-confidence results. Look up a comic, see what other publishers need to be blacklisted, then auto-tag, then unblacklist the ones I have other comics from. It works pretty well.

malikb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top