Linux + Wine = ComicTagger

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Linux + Wine = ComicTagger

Post  clonemaster on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Hello and thank you for such a powerful and necessary tool, my life would be completely different without it. ComicTagger (CT) is the only Windows-based application with Comic Vine scraping and meta tag filling ability, that works on Linux using Wine, at least to my knowledge. I would like to request that in addition to the setup.exe file, you provide a "portable" zip archive containing the software. I know that installation of the program creates the directory \Users\Joshua\AppData/Roaming\ComicTagger\ so that could be an issue, or maybe not.

I would prefer to see a native Linux binary of the app, but until then, the Windows version works just fine. Keep up the good work! cheers cheers cheers

clonemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Linux + Wine = ComicTagger

Post  theslime on Mon May 18, 2015 8:16 am

clonemaster wrote:I would prefer to see a native Linux binary of the app, but until then, the Windows version works just fine. Keep up the good work! cheers cheers cheers
I'm confused. Why are you running this through Wine? You don't need a binary, the comictagger.py file is an executable and it will run the gui by default if you run it.

Getting it on Linux is as easy as "sudo pip install comictagger --pre" ("sudo apt-get install python-pip" first if you need pip). If running the .py file isn't seamless enough for you, your desktop environment (like Unity or Gnome) will let you add application shortcuts to any executable easily, so it can be seamlessly integrated into the dash or application menu. As good as a binary, imo.

theslime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  clonemaster on Mon May 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Why am I running this through Wine? Because I can.

clonemaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top