Filter tagged files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Filter tagged files

Post  Opsy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello.

First, I want to congratulate you for your software and thank you for your efforts. I love your tool!

I would like an option to filter tagged files when a folder is opened... yes I know that I can sort files by CR / CBL column, select and hide but I would like an option to load only the files untagged. On this way I could save my new comics on my folder tree, load the parent folder and tag only the new files. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance

Opsy

Opsy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Filter tagged files

Post  ComicTagger on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Glad you like it!

I don't have any immediate plans to add this feature, but just so I understand: Is the issue that recursive opening of all the files by ComicTagger is taking too long? Because even if I were to filter, it would still have to open up each file to check for the existence of the tags to do the filter. So it would take pretty much the same amount of time.

If CT were keeping a DB of files that it tagged, it might be possible to do this more efficiently. But I don't plan to do that for a while, if it all.
ComicTagger
Admin

View user profile http://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Opsy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:20 am

It is not really a matter of time but of lazyness Very Happy

I know that the time to analyze the library tree would be the same at least you store the processed elements on some kind of database... and this capability I don't think is very useful because any user with hundreds (or thousands!) of comics usually reorder its files, change folder names and so on to make easy comic library management (at least I do!).

The main feature I like of comic tagger is that the metadata are stored in the files theirselves so I can rename them, move them, store them on external devices without lose any metadata. A database could be useful but I'm not sure if it could be done allowing me these actions.

Opsy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Well, if there was a DB, it would be a cache about which files were tagged, and would have to be updated when it was detected that a file was modified or moved. All the actual metadata would be still be in the files. The main point of this feature would be to improve speed when opening a folder contains lots of files. But I'm not inclined to implement this in the short term.

As far as your laziness goes, I will think about preserving the last sorted column in the file list. That way, when you re-open ComicTagger, it will remember that, for example, you have the files sorted by ComicRack tag presence.
ComicTagger
Admin

View user profile http://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top