issue name and number via the Command Line

View previous topic View next topic Go down

issue name and number via the Command Line

Post  ctjimmy on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:14 am

I see that there is a way of specifying the issue 'number' (i.e. the comicvine internal number) via the command line.
When I was using the old program (before I discovered this one), I used to specify the SeriesID and then the issue number.
i.e. 4008 and 12 would be Hellblazer issue 12.

I don't know how the structure of ComicTagger is set up, but is this a possibility without a major re-write of sections of code. I do know how what can be a simple request on the face of it ,turns out to be impossible due to an API restriction or the way code is structured. (from bitter experience at work....)

And thanks for a great program.

Jimmy

ctjimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: issue name and number via the Command Line

Post  ComicTagger on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:13 pm

I did add the use of the CV Issue ID at a request related to possible integration with Mylar.

In the case of the searching for an issue with the CV Volume ID and issue number, what is your use case scenario? I am guessing, since you have the Volume ID, you also have the exact series name. Is searching with series name and issue number causing failures? I would rather address problems with that method, since it's core the way ComicTagger works.
ComicTagger
Admin

View user profile http://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ctjimmy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:12 am

Hmm, I think I'm doing what I ask other people not to do when asking for features. I'm asking for it to work they way I'm used to, not asking for a way in which to get the final result that I want.

e.g. I was asking for a way of specifying series ID and Issue number whereas ComicTagger actually does a VERY good job of extracting that information from the file name itself.

The solution to my problem is to fit into ComicTagger's work flow and just rename the issues so that "it just works." In my case, just making sure that the names are "<title> <issue>.cbz" means that ComicTagger gets it right.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't believe I actually need the feature on reflection.

Jimmy

ctjimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  anomander on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:57 am

For what it is worth, and this may just be you paraphrasing to save time, ""<title> <issue>.cbz"" is not a good naming scheme. You will find duplicates collisions.

CT will be able to tag since it does cover matching but you still could easily have 2 files of the same name of different content.

Ignore if you were just being brief
anomander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:41 pm

@ctjimmy, OK, cool. If find you do have a need of this feature after all, I'm not against implementing it as long as there's a real need for it.

Note that if the year from the cover date is in the filename as well (i.e. "<series title> <issue> (<year>).cbz"), CT will parse that out and use it to narrow the search. This can occasionally cause problems, though, as sometime either the received filename has the wrong year, or the data in Comic Vine might be off. If you want to ignore the year in the filename when searching you can add this option from the command line:

Code:
-m "year="

(Using this will take longer, though, as more covers will be compared.)
ComicTagger
Admin

View user profile http://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top