ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IMPLEMENTED] Ignore HB / collections when name includes of

2 posters

Go down

[IMPLEMENTED] Ignore HB / collections when name includes of Empty [IMPLEMENTED] Ignore HB / collections when name includes of

Post  anomander Mon May 06, 2013 11:11 am

So often issue 1 of a series will have an identical cover to the hardback version. The obvious difference is the hardback series has 1 issue in it and the normal series has several.

This means that since are two identical series and CT cant match automatically. However perhaps when this occurs and the filename contains (of xx) where xx is greater than 1 then ignore the HB version.

I am sure there are edge cases this would not fix i.e. where the HB has 2 issues but the logic should fail to match and not cause any added problems.

Last edited by anomander on Fri May 10, 2013 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
anomander
anomander

Back to top Go down

[IMPLEMENTED] Ignore HB / collections when name includes of Empty Re: [IMPLEMENTED] Ignore HB / collections when name includes of

Post  ComicTagger Mon May 06, 2013 2:07 pm

I think this is a good idea, and I went ahead and implemented it, but I realize now there may be a problem:

Comic Vine doesn't have a fixed "number of issues in the limited series" field. Its "count_of_issues" field is actually a count of the issue records in its database for that series. So say there is a 10 issue series, only one of which has been published so far. Comic Vine will give a "count_of_issues" as 1. Using the new logic, the correct (and probably only) series will have been eliminated from consideration.

So, for completed series, or even ones a few issues in, it's not a problem, but for new series, it's broken. Since this is a less frequent case, I would rather have the minor inconvenience of the user having to decide, than have the automated process be incorrect.

Unless I am mistaken about what you're proposing...?
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[IMPLEMENTED] Ignore HB / collections when name includes of Empty Re: [IMPLEMENTED] Ignore HB / collections when name includes of

Post  anomander Tue May 07, 2013 6:31 am

I see what you are saying. I had not considered this being used "in general" but rather as a means to solve specific cases where CT cant complete a issue "resolution" as two issues have same name, issue number and covers that mostly match.

An example always helps:

Captain America - Hail Hydra 01 (of 05) (2011).cbz

and

Captain America - Hail Hydra 01 (2011).cbz

Both of these are resolved by CT to be either:

http://www.comicvine.com/captain-america-hail-hydra/4050-41506/

or

http://www.comicvine.com/captain-america-hail-hydra/4050-38157/

What I am suggesting here is that the above example name "Captain America - Hail Hydra 01 (of 05) (2011).cbz" can confidently be tagged as the mini series issue #1 (and not the TPB) as it has "of XX" marker. The other example cannot be uniquely resolved.

Beyond that I dont think we should try and do anything fancier.

anomander
anomander

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Tue May 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Yes, that makes more sense to do that elimination *after* the cover matching. Currently, the cover matching is final step in the identification process, so I wasn't thinking past the current structure.

Let me think about this some more. For some reason, I've got a nagging feeling that I'm missing something. If not, it's not tricky to implement.

Just curious, though, what's your typical usage patterns and what triggered this request? Or you mainly CLI or GUI? Are you back-tagging a huge library? I'm not dismissing you, just want to better understand where you're coming from. Thanks!

ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  anomander Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 pm

I am as you say back tagging so I have the luxury of being able to see patterns in similar "failed to match" that may be missed if spread over a longer period.

The way I have it set up now is CLI to do most of the heavy lifting, a perl script that files stuff away based on an XML read and what is left over I examine manually using the GUI.
anomander
anomander

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Wed May 08, 2013 11:10 pm

This has been added to 1.1.9-beta
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  anomander Fri May 10, 2013 3:53 am

Completed testing of this and it just works.

Superb work, one edge case reliably handled.
anomander
anomander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down