ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In CLI, error stops queue

3 posters

Go down

In CLI, error stops queue Empty In CLI, error stops queue

Post  DP812 Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:51 am

Been trying to set up a queue and for the most part it works, but occasionally I'll get the following error message for one of the issues, which then stops the process completely:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 484, in <module>
File "<string>", line 458, in main
File "<string>", line 156, in cli_mode
File "<string>", line 325, in process_file_cli
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/issueidentifier", line 223, in search
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/issueidentifier", line 107, in calculateHash
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/imagehasher", line 23, in __init__
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/Image", line 1980, in open
IOError: cannot identify image file

When this happens, I can usually find the issue in question through the GUI, but this has happened a few times, and it can be irritating because it stops the entire queue I had set up. And whenever a file has already been tagged, it apparently can't be searched for again through CLI because an error is returned, so the entire queue is ruined and I have to either move the files that haven't been tagged into a separate folder or go through and do them piecemeal, such as ten issues at a time by going 01*.cbz, 02*.cbz, etc.

DP812

Back to top Go down

In CLI, error stops queue Empty Re: In CLI, error stops queue

Post  ComicTagger Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:22 pm

I am guessing the cover image in the file is corrupt or unexpected, somehow. Can you email me one of the offending archive files? That way I can see exactly what's going on, and cover that case.

BTW, thanks for reporting all these errors and providing feedback! It really, really helps to have people test!
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Yeah, opening the archive in CBL, I noticed that the first few pages (or sometimes just the first page) were black, but the rest of the issue is intact. Maybe this has something to do with it, but I have a few files where I opened the archive and removed or altered some of the images. For instance, joining double-page spreads that were split into separate pages or adding a cover where one wasn't before. Sometimes, reopening and then rezipping the archive fixes the problem.

Where should I send the file?

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 pm

ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Could there be a feature added where if there's an error with a file like this in CLI, ComicTagger will just skip that file and move on to the rest of the queue?

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:13 pm

Well, I wouldn't call it a feature, since this is a bug. But yes, that is what you want it to do.

In the case of your bad sample file, there were some special Apple files that were being interpreted as images, when they weren't. They are easy to identify, and I've fixed it so those non-image files in the archive will be ignored. I've also added handling of actually corrupt page files too.

Fix will be in the next release.
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Perfect, thank you! Must have been added when I saved images through Photoshop.

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  theslime Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:19 am

Nice! I kept banging my head against the wall trying to tag a folder full of comics and running into this problem. Eventually, I narrowed it down to the one that stopped the command and moved the file somewhere else and rerun the command without problems. Looks like it was more or less the same error (invalid cover) causing it. Thanks for providing a fix.

Btw, let me take this opportunity to say that I LOVE ComicTagger. I use ComicRack for Android and I love it, but since going Linux on my desktop computer, it's been really hard to find a way to make the experience as nice as it used to be on Windows (easy tag-based browsing on a tablet really feels so much better than folders). But now, using a combination of Mylar (even if it's still quite buggy), ComicTagger and FolderSync for Android I've found a way that's at least as good, and it's way less hassle than ComicRack for Windows overall (and with possibilities for automation through scripts and cron jobs and scheduled syncing). You've made my life easier. Smile

theslime

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks, theslime! If you run into any other problems in the future, please feel free to report it, and we can try to work through it. Above all, I want to make ComicTagger as robust as possible.
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down