ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Option to resize images while exporting to CBZ?

2 posters

Go down

Option to resize images while exporting to CBZ? Empty Option to resize images while exporting to CBZ?

Post  Tension113 Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Just started using Comic Tagger along with Mylar today and so far everything is great.. Nice work on this..

Would a page resizer be possible for the future?

That's the only thing I'm missing from turning my weekly comic routine into a completely automated one.. Very Happy

Normally I do a custom export on everything as I get it in CR.. Especially since some files I end up getting are 100+ mb's..

Thank you for making this available.. Smile

Tension113

Back to top Go down

Option to resize images while exporting to CBZ? Empty Re: Option to resize images while exporting to CBZ?

Post  ComicTagger Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Some crazy big scans, huh?

I'm not going to make that part of the app proper, but, as it turns out, a few weeks ago I wrote an add-on script that does just what you want. (I think).

https://code.google.com/p/comictagger/source/browse/trunk/scripts/shrink.py

This will check the page height in each comic in the indicated folder. If it finds pages too high, it will create a new copy with reduced sized images. The originals will be moved into a subfolder. Right now the max height is set at 2000 pixels.

You can invoke it from ComicTagger like this:

Code:
$(COMICTAGGER) -S $(SCRIPTPATH)/shrink.py ./*.cbz

It should be easy to incorporate this into whatever script you're running. Once you're satisfied with the conversion, you can delete the originals folder.
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Option to resize images while exporting to CBZ? Empty Re: Option to resize images while exporting to CBZ?

Post  Tension113 Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:27 pm

Awesome! Very Happy Thank you.. I will check it out..

Yea, some of these scans are enormous.. I've been resizing mine with a height of 1500.. I figured that gives me room for when I upgrade my tablet and the file sizes aren't bad..

Thanks for getting back Smile

Tension113

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down