ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That file doesn't appear to be a comic archive?

2 posters

Go down

That file doesn't appear to be a comic archive? Empty That file doesn't appear to be a comic archive?

Post  DP812 Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:52 am

I'm currently having problem trying to get this program to even open any of my files. I've tried opening CBZ files in the program, only to get the "That file doesn't appear to be a comic archive" error message.

DP812

Back to top Go down

That file doesn't appear to be a comic archive? Empty Re: That file doesn't appear to be a comic archive?

Post  ComicTagger Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 pm

OK, I've been thinking I need to make that error message be more specific. Still, we can probably figure out what's wrong.

Can you tell me a few things?

1. What version of ComicTagger?
2. What mode are you running in? CLI or GUI
a. if CLI, what is the exact command?
b. if GUI, how are you opening the file? File dialog, drag and drop, or command line?
3. What OS and version?

I have a guess, that maybe you are on a Mac, and the CBZ is actually a RAR, and you don't have the WinRAR tools set up to read. But until I have a little more to go on, that's just a WAG (wild-ass guess).

Also, if your file is less than 25Mb, you can mail it to me at comictagger@gmail.com, and I can inspect it myself.
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

That file doesn't appear to be a comic archive? Empty Re: That file doesn't appear to be a comic archive?

Post  DP812 Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:02 pm

1. v0.9.1 beta.
2. GUI.
b. I've tried drag and drop and the Open icon, same result with both.
3. OSX 10.8.2.

I did wonder about the CBR thing myself, so I unpacked the archive and changed it to CBZ, but still had the same problem.

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Very weird.

The code checks to see if the file is rar or zip, and also has a requirement that archive has more than 2 image files (png or jpg ) in it. It will also fail if you don't have permission to read it of course.

What kind of images are in the archive? Can you just try to make a zip file with 3 jpgs in it? ComicTagger will recognize that as a comic.

ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Maybe something was wrong with the archive because I've tried with some other CBZ files and it seems to work just fine now. Sorry about the confusion.

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:17 pm

No prob. I am thinking maybe that zip file was corrupt. I will need to have some more specific error messages!
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down