ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ComicTagger not showing any imported comics? (Using ComicTagger 1.1.9 beta MAC)

+2
ComicTagger
phromello
6 posters

Go down

ComicTagger not showing any imported comics? (Using ComicTagger 1.1.9 beta MAC) Empty ComicTagger not showing any imported comics? (Using ComicTagger 1.1.9 beta MAC)

Post  phromello Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 am

Hey everyone.
I gave a look for this topic but couldn't find anything so thought I'd post here.

Basically, after I use the "Open Folder" function of ComicTagger I see a progress bar while the files are processed. After that, I see the empty search/edit form but the file list in the right pane is empty. I've cleared cached a few times and even tried 1.1.8 beta - but no matter what I do I can't get any imported files to show up! Sad Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance! and my apologies again if this is a repeat question/issue!

phromello

Back to top Go down

ComicTagger not showing any imported comics? (Using ComicTagger 1.1.9 beta MAC) Empty Re: ComicTagger not showing any imported comics? (Using ComicTagger 1.1.9 beta MAC)

Post  ComicTagger Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Did you resolve this? (Sorry for the lag. Been on vacation.)

It sounds like maybe none of the files are being recognized as comics. What format are they? Can you open them individually? The app doesn't really complain if it doesn't recognize the files, it just ignores it. It might be that if they are RAR files you need to have the unrar program downloaded and configured in ComicTagger.

https://code.google.com/p/comictagger/wiki/UserGuide#RAR_Tools
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ComicTagger not showing any imported comics? (Using ComicTagger 1.1.9 beta MAC) Empty Re: ComicTagger not showing any imported comics? (Using ComicTagger 1.1.9 beta MAC)

Post  phromello Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Files are mostly CBR files - some CBZ. They work in most other comic apps - but ComicTagger still definitely not seeing them for whatever reason. I've tried loading whole directories and just a handful of files into ComicTagger - but it always shows blank no matter what I do.

ANY ideas/tips?

phromello

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Well, bear with me for what may be obvious questions:

1. Do you have the external unrar/rar programs configured in the preferences?
2. Have you successfully opened any comics in CT?
3. If yes on question 2, are any of them RAR files? Sometimes I come across files that are called ".cbr" that are actually ZIPs, and called ".cbz" are actually RAR. A column in the file list on the left should tell you.

I'm puzzling over this...
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Basilero Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:52 am

Hello there,
The very same thing happened to me (OSX 10.6.8 - CT 1.1.9-beta). Everything works just fine, but when I try to import cbr/cbz comics made by just one single jpg (or even just a folder with a single jpg in it), the import simply does nothing.

Maybe something has to do with some kind of index file in the cbr/cbz (just wondering...)?

p.s.
thank you for the great job you are doing with this application.

Basilero

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Basilero, the behavior you're seeing there is actually by design, but maybe not a good one. If a zip file seems to only have one image file in it, it's not considered to be a comic. I honesty can't remember my exact reasoning behind this choice, but I wanted to be sort of smart about choosing which archives were comics.

Do you have single image comics that you want to tag?
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Basilero Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:48 pm

ComicTagger wrote:Basilero, the behavior you're seeing there is actually by design  [...]

Do you have single image comics that you want to tag?
Well, typically they are scans of alternate covers (I know I can expand the original cbr/z, add the extra cover and then zip the folder again, but I'm just a bit lazy) or scans of single covers.

Basilero

Back to top Go down

Post  kryptonboy Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:09 pm

phromello wrote:Hey everyone.
I gave a look for this topic but couldn't find anything so thought I'd post here.

Basically, after I use the "Open Folder" function of ComicTagger I see a progress bar while the files are processed. After that, I see the empty search/edit form but the file list in the right pane is empty. I've cleared cached a few times and even tried 1.1.8 beta - but no matter what I do I can't get any imported files to show up! :(Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance! and my apologies again if this is a repeat question/issue!

Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I'm having the same issue. Program installed correctly. rar and unrar neatly tucked into Utilty folder and showing in CT Preferences. I drag comics to the program pane on the right, a status bar shows the comics importing, but when the import stops, no comics appear. Any help appreciated!

kryptonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  japaneseteeth Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:17 am

Same issue here. Was there ever an answer given?

japaneseteeth

Back to top Go down

Post  i814u2 Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:22 am

Not sure if my issue was the same or not, since my attempts provided me with a message that the file was "not a comic archive".
However, this only happened to me with cbr files (verified as rar, not misnamed zip/cbz files).

I had the software set to the proper rar/unrar files and nothing would work.

I kept searching the forum and saw this a bit further down the list:
https://comictagger.forumotion.com/t93-what-app-for-mac-rar-unrar

PavelS figured out that rar 4.2.0 works but 5 does not. Even though 5 doesn't appear to be in beta anymore, it still fails for some reason. I found 4.2.0 and it works for me as well.

For those having issues with cbz files, it could be that they are rar/cbr but misnamed.

I'm using ComicTagger 1.1.10-beta on OS X (10.9.1).

i814u2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down