ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dont require writing to the home directory

2 posters

Go down

dont require writing to the home directory Empty dont require writing to the home directory

Post  ChronoStriker1 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:54 pm

I want to run this on my unraid machine in cli mode as nobody but it looks like the program wants to create a settings file in a home directory. My server does not have real users as its a file server to there is no home directories. I want to be able to have it just look in the directory the app is in or set where the settings file is in the command when run.

ChronoStriker1

Back to top Go down

dont require writing to the home directory Empty Re: dont require writing to the home directory

Post  ComicTagger Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 am

Are you running it from a shell?

Can you do something like the following?

Code:
HOME=. comictagger.py --version

The code just tries to use "~", and I am pretty sure that is based on the $HOME environment variable. Give it a shot, and post back.

ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

dont require writing to the home directory Empty Re: dont require writing to the home directory

Post  ChronoStriker1 Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:41 am

That indeed works, just not sure how i can incorporate that into my setup if I use comictagger as part of a script.

ChronoStriker1

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Just set HOME in your script, and you're all set.

Unless I'm missing something...
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down