ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

0.9.3 - OperationalError

2 posters

Go down

0.9.3 - OperationalError Empty 0.9.3 - OperationalError

Post  DP812 Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:53 pm

I tried to tag Avengers #181 since the problem I had with it before was going to be fixed in this update, but ComicTagger's GUI can't find any search results for the issue. The search result box is just empty. Auto-Select brings up the search progress, but it just says "Searching for Avengers #181" and then nothing else happens.

I tried to put it into the CLI, and here's the result:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 484, in <module>
File "<string>", line 458, in main
File "<string>", line 162, in cli_mode
File "<string>", line 335, in process_file_cli
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/issueidentifier", line 262, in search
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/comicvinetalker", line 89, in searchForSeries
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/comicvinecacher", line 139, in get_search_results
sqlite3.OperationalError: no such table: VolumeSearchCache

DP812

Back to top Go down

0.9.3 - OperationalError Empty Re: 0.9.3 - OperationalError

Post  ComicTagger Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Go to settings/preferences, and clear the cache. I think that might be what's going on.
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:48 pm

ComicTagger wrote:Go to settings/preferences, and clear the cache. I think that might be what's going on.
That's strange. I cleared the cache when I first opened the new version like the instructions said and the problem still happened. Tried clearing it again just now and now it works.

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:16 am

What about this error?

File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/issueidentifier", line 335, in search
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/issuestring", line 61, in asString
TypeError: bad operand type for abs(): 'NoneType'

Here's another one:

File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/issueidentifier", line 262, in search
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/comicvinetalker", line 89, in searchForSeries
File "/Users/tony/Dropbox/tagger/comictagger/mac/build/pyi.darwin/ComicTagger/out00-PYZ.pyz/comicvinecacher", line 142, in get_search_results
sqlite3.ProgrammingError: You must not use 8-bit bytestrings unless you use a text_factory that can interpret 8-bit bytestrings (like text_factory = str). It is highly recommended that you instead just switch your application to Unicode strings.

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Looks like some bugs alright. A little context for each one would definitely be helpful to re-create it here, though. What was the input that made those errors?
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:12 pm

/Applications/ComicTagger.app/Contents/MacOS/ComicTagger -s -t cbl -f -o -i and then I dragged and dropped the file in question. These files also caused the GUI to hang.

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Well, I think I have some idea of the root cause, but knowing the specific filenames would probably help me a lot.

It looks like one doesn't have it's issue number (if any) parsed properly, and the other might have unicode characters in the filename? Assuming that the comics don't already have tags in them, all I need are the exact filenames. Thanks!
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:34 am

DP,

If you still know the file names of the issues that caused the last two errors that you posted, it would help me a lot to use them to test with. Just did a bit of work on managing unicode related stuff and more.

Thanks!
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:36 am

Sorry, I'm not sure. I've gone through and tagged through so many books and I can't seem to find my list of problematic files. If I find it, I'll let you know.

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:42 am

Understood. For future reference, when you do encounter problems, please share filenames along with any other pertinent info, as it's likely related to the root cause of a lot of issues.

Happy New Year!
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:45 am

You mean files or filenames? Because before I went through to tag everything, I renamed all my filenames to be uniform. They're all in the following format: Series Name v0 000.cbz.

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:10 am

I mean the actual file names. Not just the format. Then I can test what is happening, assuming your files don't already have tags.

For example, a name with non-English letters might have caused one of the problems you reported. I was testing with "El Capitán Trueno 12.cbr" to simulate what I thought might be happening in that case, but knowing the exact case would have helped.

In other situations, the problem might be that ComicTagger is choking on some data from Comic Vine, and if I know what the filename is, I can inspect the Comic Vine records that got fetched.
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum