ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Rename Bug

3 posters

Go down

Possible Rename Bug Empty Possible Rename Bug

Post  kev0153 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:02 am

Not sure if this is a bug or not but when I use the rename option with the CLI it seems to mess up the spacing with certain titles with a "-" for example

Thor - God of Thunder.cbz is rename to

Thor- God of Thunder.cbz. (note the missing space)

Seems to happen pretty consistent. I've upgraded to the latest 1.17 beta and it still seems to do it.

Thanks!

kev0153

Back to top Go down

Possible Rename Bug Empty Re: Possible Rename Bug

Post  anomander Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

The actual series is called "Thor: God of Thunder". Notice the : which is a reserved meta character on most file systems and cant be used.

So CT is replacing the : with a -.

So it is not really a bug but expected behavious.

Hope this help.
anomander
anomander

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:09 pm

As anomander said, it's not a bug, per se. However, I wonder if instead of this:

":" becoming "-"

it should be this:

":" becoming " -"

This would have the effect of "Thor: God of Thunder" being changed to "Thor - God of Thunder". This might have a weird effect if there was text that had a colon wit a space in front of it, but would that ever happen, in any language?

If anyone else has an opinion on this, please share. I don't mind changing that mapping at all.
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kev0153 Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Yes, I see that it is replacing the illegal character thanks, that clarifies things a bit. I agree, I think that " - " seems more correct than "- ".

In fact, the scraper script that I use in comicrack uses the format of " - ". I think that is why I caught it. I had renamed a few comics using both comictagger and comicrack and the difference jumped out at me after I listed out the files in the command line.

kev0153

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down