ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Wanted to say THANKS!

3 posters

Go down

Just Wanted to say THANKS! Empty Just Wanted to say THANKS!

Post  Digital Deviant Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Loving ComicTagger, its saving me so much time, I see batch editing for the GUI is on the roadmap - once that is there this is gonna ROCK!

Digital Deviant

Back to top Go down

Just Wanted to say THANKS! Empty Re: Just Wanted to say THANKS!

Post  DP812 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:08 am

It is on there! Check out the latest version.

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 am

Glad you like it, Deviant!

DP, I think he was referring to the ability to manually edit multiple files at once, as opposed to the automatic tagging.

And yeah, someday I will get to this, but probably not soon. I did see your tweet about lots of poorly named files, and batch editing would definitely help with this.

Some other things you can do in the meantime to help with this:

1. You *CAN* batch edit from the command-line, on all systems, including windows. For example you can write the same series name to all files in a folder very easily:

Code:
ComicTagger  -s -f -t cr -m "series=Plastic Man"  Plas*.cb*

See the wiki for more examples, or ask for help here.

2. If your filenames are just not as complete as the ones on Comic Vine, you can change the "Name Length Delta Threshold" (under Identifier settings) from its default setting of 5.

To explain by example, if you had a set of files called "Astro City ##.cbz", they wouldn't match Comic Vine, since the full title there is "Kurt Busiek's Astro City", and the length difference between that and "Astro City" is greater than 5 characters (letters). If you bump the number up to, say, 20, the auto-identification will work.

Hope this helps!

ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Digital Deviant Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 am

Yeah I got stuck into the CLI on my mac and managed to re-series several hundred files - all good! Another big ask, what about sequential re-numbering?

I am very please to have a few thousand re-tagged CBZs, my CBL library is great now!

Digital Deviant

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:23 pm

I don't have plans for anything like that soon. I am sure you could get a dedicated renaming tool to help with this, though.

Just how badly named are your files? I would love to see some examples!
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DP812 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 am

Digital Deviant wrote:Yeah I got stuck into the CLI on my mac and managed to re-series several hundred files - all good! Another big ask, what about sequential re-numbering?
I use Rename for Mac for renaming files. It's absolutely great for batch renaming and is invaluable when it comes to series because there's a sequential numbering option. You can also change what number the sequence starts from. It can be found at http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/33659/rename.

You'll have to add the files to the Rename queue in the sequential order you want them, FYI. This can be time-consuming, I know, but doubt there's much of a better way to do it. It also has options for removing a specified number of characters at the beginning or end of the filename and adding prefixes or suffixes.

My system is I have folders for different series and then in a given folder, I have subfolders for different volumes. My naming system is Series Name v# [volume number] ### [issue number].

DP812

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum