ComicTagger Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Folder Rename feature

4 posters

Go down

Folder Rename feature Empty Folder Rename feature

Post  Darcorn Sun May 12, 2013 6:43 am

Hello!

I've been using ComicTagger for a while now and it's awesome but the only thing I'm missing in it is the option to rename folders, the same way as files are renamed.

Will this feature be added soon or is it already there and I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Darcorn

Darcorn

Back to top Go down

Folder Rename feature Empty Re: Folder Rename feature

Post  ComicTagger Mon May 13, 2013 12:14 pm

It's not there now, and no immediate plans for it.

If it were there, how would you like it implemented? What would it do and what options would there be?
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darcorn Wed May 15, 2013 7:27 am

Thanks for the reply!

I'd like this feature to have the same functionality as file rename mostly. For example one could rename a folder like this:

%year% - %series%

which would give:

2013 - Age of Ultron

Do you know any programs that can rename folders/files based on comic book tags? I've been using the Library organizer in ComicRack but I'm not using CR anymore so I'm looking for such a renamer.

Thanks Smile

Darcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  anomander Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 am

So a couple of thoughts since i do something similar mayself.

What you want is a save to folder option and not a rename folder option. So yo would set the basepath where you sorted comics live an CT would file the comics there. THis is not the same as a folder renamer as that would end up in dupes etc.

The second point is that the year of a series is a complete pain to use. I use it but you will end up with one series split over many folders as current there is no way for CT to know the series start year.
anomander
anomander

Back to top Go down

Post  anomander Fri May 17, 2013 10:35 am

It is worth adding that I suspect there is a large, if not complete, overlap between people that want to tag their comics and those that want to file their comics based on those tags.

Other tools to do this part of the job are of low quality, script based or part of a specific reader/convoluted/limited.

I can see this being a popular and natural direction to go.

my 2c anyway
anomander
anomander

Back to top Go down

Post  ComicTagger Sat May 18, 2013 3:06 pm

I think this is a good feature to have, and definitely will add it to the list.

As anomander points out the, the "year" field is actually the publication/cover year for the issue and not the start year for the series, so that would be something to consider when implementing this, as there is not a dedicated field for the start year in any of the metadata formats supported by CT.

...there is no way for CT to know the series start year.

This is not true, as you can currently use the "volume" field to hold the start year. It may not be acceptable to you, but it is a way. The rename/re-org feature could just use volume instead of start year, if the user was so inclined.

That said, if this gets implemented, I might consider adding a custom CT-specific "start year" field. This does open up a UI can of worms, thought, which will bear some thought.

Nothing is happening until after my summer travels, regardless.
ComicTagger
ComicTagger
Admin

https://comictagger.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  anomander Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:29 am

ComicTagger wrote:...

This is not true, as you can currently use the "volume" field to hold the start year. It may not be acceptable to you, but it is a way. ....

Might be worth adding some words/example in the GUI as maybe I had a brain fart but all the talk here about this and me looking through settings it still did not click what this actually meant.

The solution is perfectly acceptable to me I just didn't get it and I suspect there will be others that dont either.

Also I now have the dillema that I have to rescan everything just to add thie one field. Not ideal
anomander
anomander

Back to top Go down

Post  batandroid Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:21 am

Will be great a folder renamer, I use a lot in comicrack but ill like more use comictagger to do this

batandroid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down